Monday, December 13, 2010

absence

I haven't been knitting much...or blogging much...and here is the reason why

this has taken up a lot of my thinking and doing time, hours spent on the phone reassuring the bride to be (about the details - not about the groom! he is perfect) and finally a trip to Christchurch in the South Island of New Zealand for the entire family which required the co ordinating skills of a sergeant major.

Holly is the first of our 5 girls to marry, the wedding was a credit to her and Nick's style and imagination, I can't wait to see the rest of the photos, the photographer trialled a very cool new technique and I'll post the link to the results when they are up.

We are home now, leaving the newly weds to settle into married life, they are leaving for a 3 week skiing tour of Japan on New Years Eve, we will miss them at Christmas - but have my sister and Maisie and Mackenzie from England here to keep us busy...hopefully I have a chance to get some design stuff out of the way before the big day...at least I have all of the presents bought and wrapped, and the food pretty much under control!

(thank you for the lovely comments about the Blurb book...looks like a few of you have taken up the idea...it really is easy and so effective...one day I will create a book containing all of my designs to pass on to family as well, and yes the Owen Bartlett plate is special...that's another trip I have to make...so much to do!!)

No comments: