Monday, January 23, 2012

New design tuesday - tangents.

As is so often the case, I was happily knitting away at some samples for a trunk show which should be up and running this autumn, and my mind wandered, I wasn't trying to think of a new design, but one came to me, and then when I sketched a rough draft of it the ideas started flowing so thick and fast that I barely recall the original thought...

Here are the components of one of these tangents...a chunky weight body, with dk sleeves , I'm still experimenting with the section where the sleeves meet, I have a couple of options and I like both of them, hence another tangent, another twig growing off the branch of the original thought.





The 3 days on, 4 days off thing at work is working well, except for the fact that I cannot seem to get ANYTHING done when I get home from work, except for the usual cook dinner and sort out the housework, I have started freezing small meals so that I can manage to get some knitting done on my work evenings, as I am finding it exceptionally frustrating. I don't feel complete unless I have done a bit of knitting every day, so I am going to have to work on my schedule to make sure I can fit it in to my day.

Flash and I have both started out on new learning adventures...his is much larger than mine, he is backing up his wealth of experience as a GM, by studying for his PG Dip bus...the "bit of paper" he needs to prove that he can do his job, so he is very busy studying and working full-time, and I am starting "camera and composition" classes so that I can finally use my camera in manual mode most of the time and give you all much better photos!

You know, despite the rocky start, I feel this is going to be a very good year!

No comments: