Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New design tuesday - Evie

Evie has just been published! Hurrah, she went from zero to hero in no time flat, to think I really fought myself when I designed the pattern, I just didn't think it would work, but then I made it and realized that it has a weird je ne sais quoi. Here is the Ravelry link, or my website link.



Details: Worked in the round at first and then divided and worked flat to give the lovely wing effect to the sleeves Evie is a fun knit for an intermediate knitter. 
If you can work in the round and work lace from a chart or written instructions then you will find knitting Evie a piece of cake!
$7.50 NZ

Sizes
58 (64, 66, 70) chest (4, 6, 8, 10) years
(64, 68, 70) waist (12, 14, 16) years
(Child measurements)
Yarn
Forever green Élan Organic Merino
167 m (182 yd) = 50 g (1.76 oz)
465 (546, 628, 708, 868, 946) m
507 (597, 686, 774, 949, 1035) yd
Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino is a good substitute, however the Forever green is easily available from the ever wonderful people at www.skeinz.com.
You could also work it in cotton - Knitwytch from Ravelry made a stunning one in jade coloured Bendigo cotton 8ply.
Buttons etc
4 snaps or 1 metre of 1 inch wide silk ribbon
Needles
3.25 mm circular 50 cm (20 in)
4 mm circular (any length 50 cm. (20 in) or over).
(Or size needed to achieve gauge)
Accessories
4 st markers
Stitch holders or scrap yarn
This pattern has been test knitted and tech edited.
In life news, my photography class ended today. It was a little sad, we have learnt about one another through our images and the class has taught me so much, I never use auto any more. I can work fully in manual mode and I can make the camera give me photos that are so much closer to what I want. We have decided to set up a Facebook group so that we can continue sharing our thoughts and ideas and the awesome venues that have been discovered.

Flash is fine, still head down bum up studying like crazy and doing well. We keep telling him that "C"s get degrees, but he has decided he likes "A"s and "B"s better, can't blame him for that.

Frasier  - hmmm, he is being a bit of a hooligan at present, basically keeping the neighborhood cats in line, pity the neighbors don't see it that way "la, la la"...He came home late last night, soaking wet (down one side) with his collar missing and a gash on his leg...I hate to think.



2 comments:

Julia said...

It looks fabulous Justine! Can I ask who you get to do your tech editing?

Truly Myrtle said...

Hey Justine! I love your patterns and want to let you know that I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my post for details!!!