Thursday, January 7, 2010

Milestones

I have been blogging for 5 years - my bloggiversary was January 1 - but I always forget!
I don't do it anywhere near as much as I did, but enjoy it all the same. I still love sharing ideas and meeting new friends.
This week has been taking up with the purchase of our youngest daughter's first car. I know that I go on about Blaise and her accomplishments - but she is just such a delight and has never caused us a moment's trouble (worry yes, very much so, but trouble no) she has almost finished her driving lessons and is about to sit her restricted licence (so can drive alone or with 1 passenger who must hold a full licence) so decided it was time to go and buy a car.
Flash and I searched Trademe and the caryards with her - we all started humming the Jaws theme as we walked into the caryards - but it was good experience for her, the sharks would talk to Dad, who would then point at Blaise and say "she's the one to talk to" they would show her cars way outside her price range and then say that she looked so cute in it that maybe Daddy would like to fund her into it....yeah right, Blaise is an independent soul, she had a set amount of money saved and more put aside for repairs and that was that - no "Daddy money" no credit, she is a Uni student - she doesn't need debt.
We searched and searched, very little fit any of the criteria - so we returned to Trademe and found a wee Honda that ticked all of the boxes - price, size (she is a tiny girl, she needs a tiny car), fuel economy and age.
Flash and Blaise spent a whole day washing, scrubbing, waxing and polishing - it looks like a totally different car now, with 4 new tyres, cute red rims and new brakes, her birthday is coming up - I'm thinking she needs a Tomtom!
I love this photo of the two of them working so hard together.

While they were up to their elbows in oil, suds and wax, I was painting the smaller deck off my studio,now it is all fresh and protected from the elements - the perfect place to enjoy my morning coffee as it is bathed in the morning sun.

Here is the comfy chair
and the relaxing view

where I have sat and thought and planned...wedding shrugs for the flowergirls...have of course morphed into many many ideas and now I have a new e-book planned...let's see how it pans out.

5 comments:

Janette said...

Happy Blogiversary. I always enjoy dropping by your blog to see what you've been up to.

Good luck with everything you've planned for 2010.

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely photo and a lovely chair and a lovely view. 5 years! Wow - where did that go?

Ruby Girl said...

How special going out and buying there first car and coming home and giving it a could make over together. Your sitting area outside is very pretty and with a lovely relaxing view.

castingontrouble said...

Loving the freshly painted deck! Double loving the cape cod chair!!

Unknown said...

It comes as little suprise to me that our comfy chairs are IDENTICAL in every way - I got two of them recently and they're my favourite.

I even think they're the same brand.