Sunday, October 24, 2010

Free Friday

I am evangelical in my approach to spreading the word about Ravelry  the only way I can describe it is as a "Facebook for knitters" but it is so much more than that.

Ravelry brings knitters and crocheters (almost a million members so far) together to talk, help and provide information to one another, if you wonder if the mistake is with you or the pattern ask someone, if you don't know where to get something, how to perform a technique or what size a 3 month old baby's foot is...ask someone! The site is free, the advertising is minimal and mostly by indie designers and yarn dyers and the tone is inclusive with a governing motto of "be excellent to one another"

I have a little group on Ravelry, there people can ask questions about the patterns, request help, give me feedback on designs and enter contests - every friday I give away a free pattern to the first person who replies to my post (friday being anytime from 12.01am friday NZ time to 11.59pm friday Boston USA time (chosen as it is where the Ravelry batcave is)

click here to  join my wee group, and get ready for the next Free Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Facebook for knitters is what I call too...it's the only description close enough.