Thursday, June 4, 2009

visits

I'm going to have to keep my camera close to hand as I sit in the studio this winter - look who visited today!

looking for all the world as though he was painted at a pre-school, in vibrant primaries!



speaking of which I visited the Eden Campus last friday, I was feeling in need of a good dose of "put on your big girl panties and get on with it" having just had a CT scan to further figure out what has been going on with my body over the past 3 months.

[and can I just say a big "yay!" here, because my endocrinologist has just rung to say my adrenal glands are fine and that I have an ovarian cyst - the ovary is 3x normal size but full of fluid (good) and will be dealt with in a few weeks]

and boy did I get a reminder/ awakening there, the school is wonderfully set out, with a large childcare centre downstairs - and it was full of yummy, wriggly, smiling babies! The Mums were out on their weekly lunchbreak but the head teacher showed me around and was overwhelmed by the garments donated by our Knit Rangers (thank you to everyone from near and far who contributed) - picture above of the pile. I have offered my services if any of the girls would like a knitting class in the future, it was such a lovely, warm, positive place to be.

As for the knitting - I'm doing a lot of it, but it is all secret, I'll be relieved when I am through this patch and onto the next job - I have a plan and it's exciting!

1 comment:

Ruby Girl said...

Glad to hear all is well with you. How nice to have such wonderful visitors to outside your studio.