Thursday, November 24, 2011

Free Friday - trivial


I thought I had better hurry up and get this blog post done, before my internet dies again. My internet is like a sick child, the moment it sees a Dr it is right as rain and proving you a liar, then it has you up at 3 am again with a fever. I harassed my ISP on twitter today, because I never get any luck by phoning and I had a nice call back, so hopefully something will happen soon.

Today was a big day for me at work, it was my last day working my current hours, my request to change my hours from 10-2 5 days a week to 8-4.30 3 days a week has been approved and the outcomes are great...much higher job satisfaction, more money and now I have 2 entire days to dedicate to JustJussi, instead on a couple of hours either side of my work day, because even though I work 10-2, I arrive early, or stay late, plus driving and parking etc, so my 4 hours work cost me upwards of 6 hours per day. I'm looking forward to those 2 days so much, the last time I had a full day on JustJussi I came up with Katie, Aria, Evie and another design, imagine what I can accomplish with 2 days a week! 

Back to the contest, thanks to everyone who entered last week, I loved reading your pet stories, we are so lucky to have these animals in our lives. I'll send the .pdfs out via Ravelry.

This week's question is very trivial, I was thinking about what to make for dinner - Charlotte and I (and all of the girls) love noodles, so I wanted to make Bami Goreng, but Flash does not like noodles, and it's a friday, so I want us all to be able to relax and have a nice, enjoyable evening eating a dinner we all enjoy. I have made Chicken parmigiana instead and will serve it with pesto spaghetti...and thats what gets me! My husband loves spaghetti and dislikes all other noodles, whether Japanese, Chinese, Hungarian or Thai...whereas I love Asian style noodles (especially wide rice noodles) but find pasta hard going sometimes (but I do like it) and it's not even that he has a pedestrian palate...he enjoys almost every cuisine he has tried, and spends a lot of time in Asia eating everything except noodles! 
So my question is:
Do you like or loathe noodles...and WHY!?

The prize this week is a copy of my Plum Blossom cardigan - I love this sweater, it is girly with being frilly!


Housekeeping:
- please include your Ravelry name or your email address (can space it out to avoid spambots)- I will gift the pattern via Ravelry, if you do not belong to Rav I will email the .pdf to you- winner (s) are drawn sometime on Friday, this means "Friday afternoon/evening New Zealand time"- the winner (s) are chosen by random number generator (I use this one)- you may enter even if you have won before

15 comments:

Celeritas said...

I love noodles with my go to basic being the Nong Shim ones. celeritas 2 on Rav

Debbie said...

I love noodles! Mmmm...not sure why... they're light and heavy all at the same time...saucy and good... plain or garlicy...I just love'em.

Shanghai noodles are my fav!

Scubaknit (on rav)

rachel mitchell said...

I HATE noodles mainly because my kids make a huge mess when eating them, and they are not the easiest thing to clean up off the carpet,
but then again I do Love noodles, in a chinese meal if my kids are absent *gigle*

xmasangels on Rav

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...yum...noodles (said in a Garfield kind of way!). I grew up with rice as a staple, so noodles were a treat. Love all noodles, esp. in Asia, particularly in Japan where to show appreciation, one is encouraged to slurp (loudly) noodles from bowl to mouth!

mingknitkitty on rav

kerry47 said...

Noodles are exotic, fun, quick and cheap. They dress up a meal and you can do so much with them = sadly no good for knitting!
Kerry47 (on Rav)

Anonymous said...

I love thin noodles - the fatter kind can be far too doughy in texture which disracts from the flavour of the food for me. Saying that I have had a packet of udon noodles in the pantry for a year and still haen't tried them. I best check the expiry date if I ever do decide to open them!
lovestitches on rav

Anonymous said...

i fear noodles - their love slick gooeyness unleash the hell fury on my tummy :( i'm noodleless but it's ok because i love a risotto.

chickenpickle on rav

Carla said...

i love all kinds of noodles my fave are Vermicelli,a few minutes in boiling water and they are done, they soak up all the flavor of what ever they are put in and arent heavy like pasta or other noodles, i use them heaps :)

luv Mama-c (on Rav) yngmamac (twitter) x

Christina said...

I LOVE this sweater!!!!!
And I love noodles too (but not with a capital 'L'). And while I do love noodles, any kind, I do not love eating them in front of people I don't know very well-- they aren't the most polite food to consume. I also do not love cooking them for my kids (aged five and under) because they're trickier for them to eat than a sort noodles.
So yes, love em. But hardly ever have them :)
(LOVE this sweater, again!)
waldomd on Rav. christinamariasteed@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love all kinds of noodles, because with them as an ingredient you can make a nice meal in minutes. My favorite noodle movie (!) is Tampopo. A japanese movie about a woman who goes seeking for the best noodle recipe there is. Anybody will want to eat noodles after watching it :)

Ravelry-name: Follyfoot

Momma L said...

My whole family like noodles. My fave meal to make at home is chicken sweetcorn and noodle soup. We like pasta too, and all kids of oriental noodles. they are quick, easy and go with pretty much anything.

Onemagicmummy on Rav

Unknown said...

I love noodles. Asian, Italian, egg noodles. Nomnomnom.

When I was pregnant with C, I had gestational diabetes and had to severely limit noodle intake. So sad :( The good news is, she likes them just fine regardless.

Anonymous said...

I love noodles AND pasta. We ate rice every day when I was growing up, which I disliked. My faves are soba, fresh flat rice noodles, and fat flat pasta like tagliatelle or pappardelle. My comfort food is a basic egg noodle soup with wontons or roast duck or roast pork from any local Chinese cheapeats joint. Recently I had great loooong and wide handmade noodles at "Shaolin Kungfu Noodle House" (lol) at the Balmoral end of Dominion Road - I'll order my own bowl next time instead of sharing!
P.S. Thanks for the last freebie Justine - now to find some babes to knit for ;)

KathyR said...

I'm another who loves noodles. So much quicker than rice when I'm making a stir fry for tea. Mind you, I do like rice now and then as well.

Anonymous said...

ooops! My comment's the one between saisquoi and kathyr, forgot to sign my name! saskyumchar on rav xx