Monday, November 21, 2011

New design tuesday - organic lemon

One of my favorite yarns o f. a l l. t i m e. is The Forever Green ElanOrganic merino from Skeinz. This yarn is soft and so, so cushy. It blooms like nothing you have ever seen before and although it is technically a sport weight, it behaves and gets the gauge of a DK when knitted with 4mm needles.  The colour I have used here is the Asana yellow, and although it looks a bit crunchy granola in these photos, I assure you that it isn't.

I have just finished knitting my "Evie" and am so happy with it I just had to show you (even though I haven't quite finished..I'm trying to decide wether I want buttons or big silk ribbon bows to close the sleeves a bit.




this one is for girls size 4 to 16 years, it will be fitted at just below the waist and the poncho style sleeves grow out of the waist, these can be left open or closed with buttons or bows either way they drape beautifully and finish just below the elbow, giving your girl plenty of room to move without her sleeves getting in the way. The lace insert and picot edging give a feminine touch without too much fanfare.

Testing for Evie will get underway soon.

Speaking of which...if you want to test Aria, I'm still signing knitters up over on the Just Jussi forum on Ravelry.

The other pattern in the works is that Missoni inspired top I mentioned a while back, now that everything else is out of the way I can get started!  Although I do have some Danger crafts monsters, and some Christmas baubles to finish too!

No comments: